Thursday, April 06, 2006

Thursday April 6 - Legs & Abs

Despite being really tired again when I woke up this morning, I still made it to the gym and had a good workout. I found that it's a little bit harder to focus on the 'squeeze' when doing the compound leg exercises like the squat, but did my best. One thing I really focused on today was fighting the negative part of the exercise on my leg extensions and leg curls. Really felt a good burn/pump after doing that! Also slowed down a lot on squats and dead lifts. With the dead lifts for the last set I held it at the bottom position before coming back up and that seemed to really help as well.

Here's the workout I followed today:
Smith Machine Squats - 90lbs (plus weight of machine of course) x 6 reps, 90lbs x 6 reps, 90lbs x 6 reps.
Barbell Dead Lifts - 60lbs (+bar) x 6 reps, 60lbs x 6 reps, 60lbs x 6 reps.
Leg Extensions - 150lbs x 6 reps, 150lbs x 6 reps, 150lbs x 6 reps.
Lying Leg Curls - 150lbs x 6 reps, 150lbs x 6 reps, 150lbs x 6 reps.
Seated Calf Raise - 90lbs x 10 reps, 90lbs x 10 reps.
Leg Raises - 2 sets x 10 reps.
Ab Bench Crunches - 2 sets x 10 reps.

Tomorrow will be a back/tricep day and I'm excited to really emphasize the stretch and contractions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home