Friday, April 07, 2006

Friday April 7 - Back, Shoulders, and Triceps

I had a great workout this morning, and really focused on using the principles I talked about from the Tom Venuto article. In that article he uses the example of really feeling the stretch on lat pulldowns, and man did I feel a stretch this morning doing the same thing! I had to adjust my weight around since I'm leaving my ego at the door, but also don't want to go too light, but it was a great workout. On the tricep exercises I really held the squeeze portion of the exercise, like the down part of tricep cable pushdowns, and got a really good pump from that. Like Venuto says in his article, focus on the muscle!

Here's what I did this morning:
Cable Lat Pulldowns - 120lbs x 6 reps, 100lbs x 6 reps, 110lbs x 6 reps.
Seated Cable Row - 70lbs x 6 reps, 80lbs x 6 reps, 90lbs x 6 reps.
Dumbbell Reverse Flyes - 20lbs x 6 reps, 20lbs x 6 reps, 20lbs x 6 reps.
Dumbbell Lateral Raises - 20lbs x 10 reps, 20lbs x 10 reps.
Cable Push downs - 120lbs x 6 reps, 120lbs x 6 reps, 120lbs x 6 reps.
Dumbbell Overhead Extension - 50lbs x 6 reps, 50lbs x 6 reps, 50lbs x 6 reps.
Dip Machine - 195 x 6 reps, 195 x 6 reps, 195 x 6 reps.

I took some 'before' pictures the other day and will be posting them soon. Even though I've been a rather skinny guy my whole life, its embarrassing to say that I have slight love handles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home