Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Back on Track!

Finally, I feel as though I'm back on track with my workouts. Last week I made it to the gym before 6 am Monday thru Friday, which considering my recent track record, that's pretty impressive!So far I'm really enjoying this new workout routine. I think I mentioned previously what my new routine is. But just in case, I'll go ahead and repeat what I'm doing here:

Monday - Chest (2), Shoulders (1), and Triceps (2)
Tuesday - Calf (2), Abs (2)
Wednesday - Cardio
Thursday - Back (2), Biceps (2)
Friday - Full leg (1), Quad (1), Ham (1)
Saturday - Cardio/optional
Sunday - Off

Anyway, there's the new routine and so far it's working great. Here are the main benefits that I've experienced so far: since I'm doing fewer overall exercises, I can really make sure that I focus my energy on the intensity of the workout and other factors, rather than just making sure that I hurry through everything so that I hit as many exercises as possible.I also wrote recently about my opinions on some of the cardio machines out there. The main thing is, right now I feel that resistance training is more important for what I'm trying to do. Even though I might consider myself in a cutting phase, I really focus my intensity of resistance training instead of cardio. That may change in the next while, but we'll see what happens.

5 Comments:

At 4:49 AM, Blogger Ashley said...

Love your blog , you are doing a great job. Swing by mine, check things out and leave a comment or sign my guestbook. Have a great day

 
At 1:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been struggling with what to do to start my exercise routine.

I have a Bowflex, treadmill and heavy bag that I bought as part of my 2004 New Year's Resolution.

So far my trip back to being fit has only been cutting back on over-eating, drink more water etc...

The work out routine hasn't quite happened yet.

I do like your plan of:

Monday - Chest (2), Shoulders (1), and Triceps (2)
Tuesday - Calf (2), Abs (2)
Wednesday - Cardio
Thursday - Back (2), Biceps (2)
Friday - Full leg (1), Quad (1), Ham (1)
Saturday - Cardio/optional
Sunday - Off

Thinking back to the days when I was in shape I would have done chest and back on the same day to keep the opposing muscle group working at the same pace.

Maybe I did this in case I missed a workout???

What I do remember is to work opposing muscle groups to maintain a balance in order to avoid possible injury and strains.

 
At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting comments - this is my first time on this blog, but I think you guys would like thedailyskinny blog too. It has similar topics and offers

 
At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Body Cleanse Hub said...

Hey Dan! You're doing great things, man, keep it up!

Also...I have a health blog I've started as well about body cleanses and detox methods. I know exchanging links with other bloggers can help us rank higher in search engines to get readers. I was hoping you'd be open to such an exchange but I couldn't find a contact email for your.

Email me at onlinejoshua@gmail.com if you'd be open to such a blogroll exchange.

 
At 6:48 AM, Anonymous mina said...

Good day!
I'm looking for any contact details (email, phone number or mail address)of the website owner or marketing person that I can communicate with for possible business venture on website income opportunities. We are very much interested to do business with you. Please send me an email together with your website name and I'll be glad to call you to discuss this matter.
Thank you

minasol@yourmediaguru.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home