Monday, September 11, 2006

Sept 11, 2006 - Workout Mixup

I've discovered that as soon as I am starting to get bored with a routine, I had better change what I'm doing and change it fast or else I'm going to find myself not going to the gym. That's what happened this last weekend. I've been following the Body-for-LIFE workout for the last 2-3 weeks, but felt that it was time to change. So, that's what I did! Here is the new workout split that I'm following:

Monday: Chest, Triceps, Shoulders
Tuesday: Quads and Hams
Wednesday: Cardio
Thursday: Back and Biceps
Friday: Calves and Abs
Saturday: Cardio
Sunday: Off

Since I'm trying to do more of a cutting cycle, I'm also trying to do at least 10 minutes of light cardio after my workouts every day. And, whenever I'm up to it I plan on doing some crunches/situps and pushups at night before I go to bed. My whole thought on this new split is to do only 2 exercises per body part, but make them intense. I'm also still following a 12-10-8-6-12 for the rep counts and sets, since I've found that by the end of that last 12 I really start to feel a burn. So anyway, feel free to let me know what you think!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home