Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Is it Good to Have Sore Muscles?

I think we have all asked the question before: is it good to have sore muscles after working out? So what is the real answer? Personally, I think that the answer is YES! Now of course, you have to be careful with this, but before you just run off and disagree with me let me explain what I mean by this. Here's my reasoning: unless I'm sore the next day, I really start to question either if I used enough intensity in my workout or if I've been doing the same routine for too long and my body has acclimated to it. Either way, I start to be a little concerned if I don't feel at all sore after what I though at the time was a good workout. I like to have sore muscles after a hard workout because it makes me feel that the workout was actually effective!

The way I look at it, the hole point in doing
resistance training is to help the muscles grow. And we've all heard that muscles grow by rebuilding the micro-tears or whatever that are caused from an intense workout. So, if that really is the case, how you think that being sore isn't a good thing if you really are trying to build muscle?

I guess the reason I'm mentioning this is that I'm very glad to be sore today from my chest/shoulders/tricep workout yesterday. The main reason that I'm glad about this is because like I mentioned yesterday I just barely mixed up my routine, so I feel like I'm back on track to making even more progress. Of course, only time will tell...

1 Comments:

At 1:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Great post. I was reading a similar topic on thedailyskinny.com that went into how to lose belly fat first and why certain types of foods and exercise aren't really as effective as most people would like to believe. Thanks again for the info

 

Post a Comment

<< Home