Friday, April 21, 2006

Friday April 21 - Back and Triceps

After reading that article that I referred to yesterday about the difference between just weightlifing and bodybuilding I applied one technique in particular that I learned from that article - palm grip. Essentially, it just means not wrapping your thumb around the bar when you don't have to in order to keep your forearms from helping out too much. I used that grip on my lat pulldowns and cable rows today and really noticed a difference. I also made sure to once again focus on contracting the muscle when its at the flex point, and wow did it feel good today!

I don't have any new articles to reference today, so here's the workout plan that I followed this morning:
Lat Pull Downs - 3 sets of 120lbs x 8 reps each.
Seated Cable Rows - 3 sets of 100lbs x 8 reps each.
Reverse Cable Flyes - 40lbs x 8 reps, 30lbs x 8 reps, 30lbs x 8 reps. (really squeeze the flex point, never felt it better on this exercise!)
Lateral Dumbbell Raises - 2 sets of 12lbs x 10 reps each (really slow, pause at top)
Tricep Cable Pushdowns w/ Rope - 120lbs x 8 reps, 100lbs x 8 reps, 100lbs x 8 reps.
Overhead Dumbbell Extensions - 3 sets of 45lbs x 8 reps each.
Dumbbell Kickbacks - 2 sets of 15lbs x 8 reps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home