Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Wednesday April 19 - Legs and Abs

I was still really groggy when I got to the gym this morning so I rode the recumbent bike for 5 minutes to get my legs warmed, and it turned out to be a really good idea. After just 5 minutes my mind was a lot more alert and I had a lot more energy during my workout.

Here's the leg day workout:
Smith Machine Squats - 3 sets of 90lbs x 8 reps each.
Leg Extentions - 3 sets of 150lbs x 8 reps each.
Leg Press Machine - 3 sets of 350lbs x 8 reps each.
Seated Calf Raises - 3 sets of 115lbs x 10 reps each.
AbBench Crunches - 3 sets of 12 reps.

Kept the workout a little short today, but it still turned out good. I really accentuated the negative on the leg extentions, and that really made them a whole lot harder. By the 7th and 8th rep my legs were really burning! For the squats and leg presses, just tried to keep it slow with little or no pause between the positive and negative motions. For the calf raises and crunches, focused on squeezing the muscle when contracted. Overall a great workout, we'll see how sore I am tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home