Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Tuesday April 25 - Cardio

Cardio Day! So to mix it up today for my cardio workout, I decided to go with a long duration, lower intensity workout. Other times I'll do HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training), or just do medium duration / high intensity. But for some reason today I felt like going for a long run, even if it was on the elliptical machine. Total time was 40 minutes, keeping my heart rate above 130 (probably had about a 136 or so average heart rate). Normally I'll do cardio for 20-30 minutes, but I just felt like going longer today. Cardio is a strange thing. Half way through the workout I was getting really hungry, and even considered cutting it short. But then I remembered that when I've done longer duration cardio in the past, eventually that feeling goes away and I feel great afterwards. Honestly, I'm surprised that my brain even came up with that thought at 6 am, but I'm glad it did because I really did feel great afterwards. Its now about 2 hours later and I still feel great! Tomorrow we're back to the weights...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home